MEFTAL 500 MG
Quantity : 60 Pills
Pain can’t be avoided. At one or the other stage, you will face some kind of pain. Meftal (Mefenamic Acid 500) is one of the best drugs that can help in treating different kinds of pain. It is a very common medicine used by the female for controlling menstrual pain. Along with controlling pain, this drug will also be prescribed for treating inflammation.
It has to be used after consulting a physician. With so many painkillers available in the present market, it can be a tough job to choose just one. You will have to use the right drug and the right dosage depending on the pain or inflammation. So, consulting your health care expert will be the right choice because there are other forms of this tablet. You may have to check meftal forte vs Meftal 500 for more details.
What is the generic name for Meftal 500?
The generic name for Meftal 500 or Meftal 500 composition is Mefenamic Acid 500.
How does Meftal 500 work?
When it comes to the working mechanism of Meftal (Mefenamic Acid 500), the working is quite simple. It belongs to NSAID drugs. NSAID means a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. These types of drugs are very safe to use as they do not cause major problems. The production of Prostaglandins, which is a naturally produced chemical that is responsible for sensing pain or causing inflammation is blocked. Blocking this chemical will help in stopping the sensation of pain. It also reduces inflammation.
How to take the drug?
When it comes to the usage of Mefenamic Acid 500 or any other drug, you will have to consult an expert. Take expert opinion before you decide on the dosage.
- Always take tab Meftal(Mefenamic Acid 500) or the exact prescription quantity only, in a day.
- You need to swallow the pills with a sufficient amount of water.
- If you chew or break the tablets, you will not be able to get the results that the medicine promises.
- Your doctor will advise you on how long should the medicine be used.
- Take the pain medication only when you have pain.
If your doctor has advised the use of the drug for a certain period, you will have to take it daily as per the instructions. In case you miss any dose that you were supposed to take, then make sure you take the tablets immediately when you realize that you missed the dose. But keep in mind the time you will have to take the next dose. Do not use both doses together.
When you take a higher dose than Meftal 500 mg then you are taking a higher dose or overdose. Your doctor always suggests the right dose based on the amount of medicine your body can tolerate. So, if your doctor has suggested a lower dose than 500 or a higher dose than 500, just follow it. Also, taking two doses close to each other can result in an overdose. Meftal 500 dosage for adults should be followed strictly, or else it can give many major side effects.
What are the uses of Meftal 500 Tablets:
The best thing about this drug is, there are several Meftal 500mg uses. You will be able to treat different conditions with it:
- Menstrual Pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Dental Pain
- It also helps in reducing inflammation
- Controls excessive bleeding during periods
When not to use Meftal 500 tablets?
You should never use Mefenamic Acid 500 if you are:
- Allergic to Mefenamic or other ingredients present in this drug.
- If you are using other pain medicine, try to avoid the drug
- If your doctor has suggested a different one, then do not try this drug without speaking to your doctor.
What should you avoid while taking Meftal 500 Tablets?
You will have to avoid the below-mentioned points as they can help in enhancing the results of the medicine:
- Drowsiness is one of the main and mild side effects of this drug. So, when you combine alcohol with this drug, it can increase drowsiness and so you need to avoid alcohol.
- You should talk to the doctor when you plan for pregnancy or if you are already pregnant. You may be advised to take a better dose only when it is considered safe.
- Meftal 500 will pass to the unborn baby through the breast milk and hence you should not use the tablets while breastfeeding.
- As discussed, it causes drowsiness and also dizziness. So, avoid driving immediately after taking the painkiller.
- It is not safe for kids and hence you should not give this drug to kids.
Tell your doctor if you:
- You are prone to respiratory problems, lung problems, asthma, or other related conditions. You need to be very cautious.
- Your kidney functioning has to be monitored if you are having a kidney problem and using these pills.
- If you have a heart problem or blood pressure problem, your doctor will closely monitor the vitals related to it.
- If you vomit blood, have stomach pain, or have stool color-changing issues, talk to the doctor immediately.
- If you start seeing rashes or skin allergies, talk to the experts.
- Do not buy Meftal 500mg online without consulting the physician.
When not to take:
- Elderly people should not take the drug frequently.
- When you are trying to conceive, you should try to stay away from Meftal 500 or other painkillers.
- People with high cholesterol levels should also stay away.
Do not take this drug without discussing drug interactions with your doctor.
The following drugs will cause interactions when combined with Meftal 500:
Drug and food interactions:
One of the best things about Meftal 500 tablets is there are food interactions. That means you can eat anything before or after taking the tablets.
Here are some of the side effects that you might face with these tablets:
- Stomach Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Heartburn sensation
Some simple things while storing the medicine can be quite helpful:
- You should always store Meftal 500 in a dry and cool place.
- You need to store it in a safe place away from kids and pets.
- Do not leave the medicine open for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Meftal cause kidney problems?
Meftal does not cause any kidney problems. But while you are on this medication, your doctor may suggest periodic monitoring of the kidney condition.
Does Meftal affect the period?
It does not cause any effect on your period. It will also help in relieving menstrual cramps and pain.
What to do if fever is not reduced after Meftal?
If you are unable to your body temperature, you can stop taking the tablets and seek medical help.
Why fever is increasing after taking medicine?
Fever does not increase due to the use of these tablets. You can take medication for fever and if it does not reduce then consult your physician.
Does Meftal stop bleeding?
Some women have suggested the use Meftal for controlling heavy bleeding. It does not stop bleeding but will reduce the bleeding to some extent.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.