MAXIFLO INHALER 250/6MCG
Maxiflo 250 Inhaler treats asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. The inhaler relaxes the muscles in air passages and makes breathing easier.
Talk to your doctor to know the correct usage of the inhaler. You can see the effects of medicine after a few days of its consumption. It will take a few weeks to show maximum results.
To get desired results, use the inhaler regularly. If symptoms do not appear, continue taking this medicine. If you discontinue the medicine, your COPD or asthma may get severe. The medicine will not work to control sudden asthma attacks. If you get a sudden asthma attack, use the quick-relief inhaler. Use the inhaler correctly to get maximum benefits.
To prevent common symptoms of the medicine, you can brush your teeth after every dose. Also, rinse your mouth using water each time you use the medication.
Avoid smoking as it can trigger your asthma. If you notice severe symptoms, speak to your doctor instantly.
If breastfeeding or pregnant, consult your doctor to know if you can use this medicine. Also, discuss with your doctor if you are suffering from liver or kidney diseases. He will prescribe dose the accurate dose for you.
Common Side effects
Common side effects of Maxiflo Inhaler do not need medical attention. The side effects go away with time as the body gets used to the medicine. Speak to your doctor if you are worried about the side effects. The common side effects are
- Infect in Upper respiratory tract.
- Sinus inflammation
- Voice change
How to use it?
- Check the label before you use the medicine.
- Shake the Maxiflo inhaler properly before use.
- Press the inhaler downwards while breathing in through the mouth and then release the medication.
- Hold your breath for ten seconds.
- Now, repeat this until you inhale the number of prescribed puffs.
- Now, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it.
How Does it work?
The inhaler consists of two medicines. Fluticasone Propionate and Formoterol. Formoterol acts as a long-lasting bronchodilator. It helps relax muscles in the airways and broadens them. Fluticasone Propionate is just a steroid. It helps prevent the release of chemical messengers that cause swelling in the airways. The two medicines make breathing easy.
Precautions & Warnings
Q-Is alcohol consumption safe with the medicine?
The medicine's interaction with alcohol is not known. So, speak to your doctor before you take alcohol with this medicine.
Q- Is this medicine safe during pregnancy?
Take the medication during pregnancy only if necessary. Get in touch with your doctor before taking the medicine.
Q-Is the medicine safe while breastfeeding?
The inhaler is not suitable for breastfeeding women unless it is necessary. So, talk to your doctor before you use the medicine.
Q-Is it a habit-forming medicine?
No. It is not a habit-forming medicine.
Speak to your physician if
- You have bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- You are a diabetic or have thyroid disease.
- You have heart disease/blood pressure.
- The potassium levels are low in your blood.
- Planning a pregnancy, or already pregnant.
- You have eye problems like cataracts/glaucoma.
- You have a weak immune system or liver/kidney disorder.
- You are on steroid medicines (oral or injections).
- You get severe symptoms after using the inhaler.
The interaction of every drug differs from one person to another. Speak to the doctor to know about the possible interactions.
- The medicine is for inhalation purposes only. So, do not swallow it. Make sure you take the medicine every day at the same time.
- The medicine will not help to relieve abrupt breathing issues. To manage abrupt breathing issues, use the rescue inhaler. You may notice dry mouth, a common side effect of the medicine. Rinse your mouth frequently. Drink plenty of water to maintain oral hygiene which helps eradicate dry mouth effects.
- After every inhalation, gargle using warm water. It will prevent oral fungal infections.
- Make sure you take the 1st dose of the medicine under medical supervision as it can result in airways tightening immediately after taking a dose.
- Smoking or passive smoking can reduce the effectiveness of Maxiflo Inhaler.
- Follow a healthy diet and exercise daily. It will help strengthen your immune system and breathing muscles.
- Perform breathing exercises to improve the function of your lungs.
Know if you are allergic to food, pollen, or dust. These allergies can make your asthma severe. Maxiflo 250 Inhaler is not safe for use in children. No clinical data is available yet to prove its efficacy in children. Use Maxiflo 250 Inhaler with caution if you have fits, as it can worsen the condition. Do not take the medicine without the prescription of the doctor. Tell your doctor about your medical history to get the correct dose. If you see any severe symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.