GALVUS 50 MG
Quantity : 60 Tablet/s
Type-2 diabetes is a long-lasting condition. It impacts the way glucose is processed by our bodies. People having this condition either does not produce sufficient insulin or are unable to perform insulin resistance. Older people will most likely suffer from type-2 diabetes. It is called adult-onset diabetes. To treat it there is a drug called Galvus(Vildagliptin) 50mg. It belongs to a class of anti-diabetic drugs. This drug treats type-2 diabetes in people whose levels of blood sugar are not controlled by exercise and diet alone. You can use it either alone or along with any other drugs to make it more effective.
What are the Uses of Galvus 50 mg?
One of the primary Galvus (Vildagliptin) 50 mg tablets uses is diabetes medicine to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus.
What Is The Generic Name For Galvus(Vildagliptin) 50mg?
The generic name for Galvus 50mg is Vildagliptin.
What Should You Avoid While Taking it?
- Avoid driving or using heavy machines until you are aware of how this drug impacts you.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking it. Vildagliptin 50mg may increase or lower the levels of blood sugar.
- Do not opt for Galvus 50 mg buy online and use it with any other drugs. Consult your doctor if you are currently using other drugs.
When Not To Use Galvus 50mg?
- It is not recommended for people having type-1 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis.’
- If you suffer from type-1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis, pancreas, liver, heart, or kidney disease, tell your doctor if using this drug.
- It is a category B pregnancy drug, Galvus 50mg is not prescribed to pregnant women. But discuss with your doctor if you need to take it during pregnancy.
- If you are a nursing mother, do not use it without asking your doctor.
- Children aged below 18 years should not use it.
- If you are allergic to Galvus 50mg or its ingredients, avoid using it.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
Missed dose –
- If you do not remember to take any dosage, do not worry.
- If you suddenly remember it, take the missed dosage.
- But if it is almost time for the next dosage, then you need to skip the dosage you forgot to take.
- Use your normal dosage and follow the regular schedule.
- To compensate for the forgotten dosage, do not take a double dosage of Galvus 50mg.
- If you accidentally use too much of this drug, get in touch with your doctor as fast as you can.
- Symptoms of overdose are a pain in the muscle, burning sensation in the legs and hands, edema, fever, increase in myoglobin levels, etc.
Benefits of Galvus(Vildagliptin) 50mg
- It is part of DPP-4 inhibitors. This is a group of drugs that work and help in increasing the insulin amount your body produces after any meal.
- Galvus 50mg stops your body and prevents the release of a lot of glucose into the body.
- Thus it reduces the levels of blood glucose in the body.
- Reducing levels of blood glucose is an important part of diabetes management.
- If you can control this level, you will lower all risks of getting serious diabetes complications like eye damage, kidney damage, limb loss, and nerve issues.
- If you take it regularly and follow a proper exercise and diet schedule you will be able to lead a healthy life.
- Keep using Galvus 50mg for the time your doctor mentioned as it will be protecting your future health.
Before you use Vildagliptin 50 mg remember:
- This drug may cause low levels of blood sugar if taken with other anti-diabetic drugs, alcohol, or if you delay your meal or miss it.
- Always keep fruit juice or a few sugary foods with you if you suffer from symptoms of hypoglycemia like anxiety, tremor, cool pale skin, and cold sweats.
- Your doctor will check your liver and kidney function before he starts this treatment. He will regularly check it after that.
- You must inform your doctor if you suffer from symptoms like abdominal pain, appetite loss, fatigue, darkened urine, or yellowing of the skin or the eyes.
- If you have an irregular heartbeat or heart failure let your doctor know because Galvus 50mg may further increase such symptoms.
- You may see an increase in liver enzymes in your blood test reports.
- If you are using other drugs for diabetes along with this drug, then you may suffer from a sudden blood glucose level drop. Your doctor may lower the dosage to decrease this risk.
How does Galvus 50mg work?
It contains Vildagliptin. This drug works and prevents the breakdown of the incretin hormone. It is a chemical messenger. It is released after your meal for stimulating insulin release from the pancreas. Vildagliptin 50mg increases the level of this hormone. So enough insulin is produced from the pancreas to reduce raised levels of blood sugar. Thus this drug helps to control levels of blood sugar in type-2 diabetes mellitus and thus Vildagliptin 50 mg action takes place.
How to take Galvus(Vildagliptin) 50mg?
- Take it as told by your doctor. He will decide on the correct Vildagliptin 50mg dosage and advise how frequently to take this drug depending on your medical condition, age, and body weight.
- You must take Vildagliptin at the same time daily as it will help you not forget to take it.
- Take it with your meal. If your doctor recommends avoiding taking it with a meal.
- Drink water and swallow the whole tablet.
- If you face difficulty swallowing it does not break or crush it and tell your doctor.
- Your doctor may prescribe Galvus 50 mg alternative if your conditions do not improve.
- You may suffer from nausea, dizziness, and headache.
- Other than these trembling, low levels of blood sugar, and too much sweating happens.
- They gradually go away with time.
- But if any side effect stays or becomes worse tell your doctor.
Drug interactions of Galvus 50mg
- Some drugs can impact the way Vildagliptin works. This drug itself can lower the effectiveness of other drugs that you use at the same time.
- Inform your doctor regarding all the drugs, herbals, or supplements you are using now or may use for avoiding all possible interactions.
- Use of this drug with other drugs affecting functions of the brain, water pills, thyroxine, and corticosteroids may lower the effect of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Q-When is the best time to take Galvus?
You can use Vildagliptin 50 mg before having your meals or after you are done. If your doctor asked you to take it one time every day, then use it in the morning. If you need to take it two times every day, then you must use the first dosage in the morning and the second one in the evening.
Q-Does Galvus cause weight gain?
No. It does not cause weight gain. But it is generally supposed to lower weight as it acts and increases the feeling of fullness and delays stomach emptying. It further lowers hunger and restricts people from eating more than needed.
Q-Is Galvus safe for kidneys?
You should not use this drug if you have severe kidney disease. Yet no adjustment of dosage is needed in people with mild renal impairment. 50mg is the prescribed dosage that can be taken daily by people with moderate or severe kidney issues. Still discuss with your doctor and then use this drug.
Q-Does Galvus lower blood pressure?
Yes. It may lower blood pressure. Yet the chances are lesser in comparison to other anti-diabetic drugs. Rarely Galvus 50mg may cause low blood pressure. This risk is low even in people who are prone to low blood sugar such as aged people or those going through insulin treatment. The chances of lower blood pressure increase if it is taken along with other anti-diabetic drugs.