SKU : BGM1430
Generic Name : apixaban
Brand Name : apixaban
Manufacture : Pfizer Limited
Presentation : Pills bilistar
Delivery Days : 10-12 working days
Quantity : 20 Pills
Eliquis 5mg (Apixaban)
Eliquis 5mg is a prescription medication containing apixaban, categorized as an anticoagulant or blood thinner. It's primarily prescribed to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots in individuals with atrial fibrillation.
Additionally, it's used to treat and prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism after certain surgeries. Eliquis works by inhibiting specific clotting factors in the blood, particularly Factor Xa, thereby interrupting the clotting process.
Its effectiveness in reducing clot-related risks makes it a crucial medication in preventing serious health complications.
Uses of Eliquis 5mg (Apixaban)
Eliquis 5mg, containing Apixaban, serves various purposes:
- Atrial Fibrillation: It's prescribed to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots in people with atrial fibrillation (an irregular heart rhythm).
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): Used to treat and prevent DVT, a condition involving blood clot formation in the deep veins, often occurring in the legs.
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE): Helps prevent PE, where a blood clot travels to the lungs, posing severe health risks, particularly after certain surgeries.
- Prevention Post-Surgery: Recommended to prevent blood clots after hip or knee replacement surgeries, minimizing the risk of complications.
How to use Eliquis 5mg(Apixaban)?
The typical dosage of Eliquis 5mg (Apixaban) is usually taken orally, twice daily, unless otherwise directed by a healthcare professional. It's essential to follow the prescribed dosage and frequency as instructed. Apixaban tablets can be taken with or without food.
It's crucial to take the medication consistently at the same time each day to maintain its effectiveness in preventing blood clots. Always consult a healthcare provider for personalized guidance on the appropriate dosage and usage of Apixaban 5mg, especially if there are any specific health considerations.
How does Eliquis 5 mg work?
Eliquis 5mg contains Apixaban, which works as an anticoagulant by specifically inhibiting Factor Xa, a crucial component in the blood clotting process. By targeting Factor Xa, Eliquis interferes with the clot formation process, preventing the development of harmful blood clots.
This action reduces the risk of stroke, blood clots in atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), and post-surgery clot formation. Eliquis helps maintain blood flow by impeding the formation of clots, thereby minimizing the risk of clot-related complications.
The benefits of Eliquis tablet 5mg (Apixaban) lie in its effectiveness in preventing blood clots, thereby reducing the risk of various serious conditions:
- Reduced Stroke Risk: Eliquis lowers the risk of stroke in individuals with atrial fibrillation, a heart rhythm disorder prone to clot formation.
- Prevention of Blood Clots: It helps prevent and treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), reducing the likelihood of clot-related complications.
- Post-Surgery Clot Prevention: Prescribed after hip or knee replacement surgeries, it minimizes the risk of blood clots forming in the veins due to reduced mobility after surgery.
- Effective Anticoagulation: Eliquis offers effective anticoagulation while posing a lower risk of bleeding compared to some other anticoagulant medications.
Who should avoid using Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg)?
Individuals who should avoid using Apixaban 5mg (Eliquis) include:
- Allergic Reactions: Anyone with a known allergy to Apixaban or any of its components should avoid using this medication.
- Active Bleeding: Those experiencing active, severe, or uncontrolled bleeding should avoid Apixaban, as it can increase the risk of bleeding complications.
- Severe Liver Disease: Individuals with severe liver impairment should use Apixaban cautiously or under medical supervision, as its effects might be altered.
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding: Its safety during pregnancy or breastfeeding hasn't been fully established, so it's typically avoided in these situations unless specifically advised by a healthcare professional.
- Certain Medical Conditions: People with specific medical conditions or undergoing certain procedures may need adjusted dosages or close monitoring while using Apixaban, so consulting a healthcare provider is crucial.
Common side effects of Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg) may include:
- Bleeding: It can lead to easy bruising or bleeding, such as nosebleeds, bleeding gums, or prolonged bleeding from cuts.
- Dizziness: Some individuals may experience dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Gastrointestinal Distress: This might include nausea or indigestion.
- Bruising: Increased tendency for bruising or minor bleeding.
- Rash: Skin reactions like itching or a rash may occur in some cases.
- Rare but Serious: Serious bleeding incidents, such as severe or uncontrollable bleeding, require immediate medical attention.
It's crucial to promptly report any unusual or severe symptoms to a healthcare provider while using Apixaban.
Here are important precautions to consider when using Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg):
- Bleeding Risk: Apixaban increases the risk of bleeding. Avoid activities that may increase the chance of injury or bleeding. Inform healthcare providers about any bleeding episodes or history of bleeding disorders.
- Medication Interactions: Inform healthcare providers about all medications, including over-the-counter drugs, supplements, and herbal products, as they may interact with Apixaban and increase bleeding risks.
- Medical Procedures: Notify healthcare providers about upcoming surgeries or dental procedures. Temporary discontinuation of Apixaban might be necessary to minimize bleeding risks during such procedures.
- Liver or Kidney Conditions: If you have liver or kidney problems, inform your healthcare provider. Dosage adjustments might be needed.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Use Apixaban cautiously during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Discuss the potential risks and benefits with a healthcare provider.
- Regular Monitoring: Regularly monitor for signs of bleeding, unusual bruising, or any other side effects. Report any concerning symptoms to a healthcare provider promptly.
Things to tell your doctor
When discussing Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg) with your doctor, it's essential to share the following information:
- Medical History: Inform your doctor about any history of bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, recent surgeries, or any other significant medical conditions.
- Medications: Provide a comprehensive list of all medications, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, supplements, and herbal products you're currently taking or have recently used.
- Allergies: Disclose any known allergies or adverse reactions to medications or substances, particularly if you've reacted to Apixaban or any related medications in the past.
- Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or breastfeeding, as the use of Apixaban during these periods may require careful consideration.
- Recent Procedures: Inform your doctor about any upcoming surgeries, dental procedures, or medical interventions, as adjustments to Apixaban usage may be necessary.
- Symptoms: Report any unusual bleeding, easy bruising, changes in stool or urine color, or any other concerning symptoms experienced while taking Apixaban.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Apixaban (eliquis 5mg) used for?
Apixaban is primarily used to prevent strokes, and blood clots in atrial fibrillation, and to treat or prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).
How does Apixaban(Eliquis tablet) work?
Apixaban works by inhibiting Factor Xa, a key factor in the blood clotting process, thus preventing the formation of blood clots.
What are the common side effects of Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg)?
Common side effects include bleeding, dizziness, gastrointestinal discomfort, bruising, and rash. Serious bleeding incidents are rare but possible.
How should I take Eliquis 5mg (Apixaban)?
Apixaban is usually taken orally, as prescribed by a healthcare provider, typically twice daily, with or without food.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Eliquis 5mg (Apixaban)?
If a dose is missed, take it as soon as remembered on the same day. If it's close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule.
Can I take other medications while using Apixaban 5mg?
It's essential to inform a healthcare provider about all medications, including over-the-counter drugs, supplements, or herbal products, as they may interact with Apixaban.
Are there specific foods or activities I should avoid while on Eliquis 5mg(Apixaban)?
Avoid excessive alcohol intake and activities that may increase the risk of injury or bleeding. Inform healthcare providers about any major changes in diet or lifestyle.
How long should I take Eliquis 5mg?
The duration of Apixaban usage is determined by a healthcare provider based on individual medical conditions and the intended purpose of treatment.
Apixaban (Eliquis 5mg) stands as a valuable medication in preventing strokes, reducing the risk of blood clots in atrial fibrillation, and treating conditions like deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE). By inhibiting Factor Xa, it effectively interrupts the clotting process, minimizing the likelihood of severe clot-related complications.
While offering benefits, it's crucial to use Apixaban under healthcare provider guidance, adhering to prescribed dosages and regularly communicating any concerns for safe and effective treatment.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.