WHY BUY GENERIC MEDICINES FROM INDIA?
Medical science has made significant progress over the years. Medicines for almost all diseases are available these days. In fact, different companies produce medicines with the same composition and use as others but with different brand names. Generic medicines are the name given to these medicines. A Tablet containing the same composition as the other brands do and giving the same benefits can be sold under different brand names. Generic medicines are legal and safe for consumption. In countries like India, you can buy generic medicines online too. The US Food and Drug Administration also allows the sale of generic medicines.
REASONS TO BUY GENERIC MEDICINES FROM INDIA
There are many reasons why you should consider buying generic medicines from India. Generic medicines are no different than medicines sold under brand names. They both work the same way and do not result in any side effects. They are however cheaper than the brand name medicines which you can easily get. Low Costs may be the reason why they are popular nowadays. Let us discuss some of the reasons why you should buy Generic Medicines from India :
- Lower Cost - The cost of generic medicines in India is lower compared to other countries. Even if you compare the prices of generic medicines to that of branded medicines you will find them cheaper. You get the same composition, same chemicals and also they give the same benefits. People would prefer buying products which have a lower cost. This can be a major reason why generic medicine is popular in India. And also a major reason why you should buy generic medicine from India.
- A Substitute for Brand Name Drugs - Another reason why people buy more generic medicine is that they are a good substitute for brand-name drugs. In case the brand name medicine is not available or out of stock, you can get generic medicines. As the composition is similar and also it works the same way so this way they can be helpful in emergencies. You can take them for some days and switch back to the brand name drugs once they are available. This way the patient does not suffer just because a certain brand name medication is not available.
- India is one of the biggest exporters of Generic Medicines - It is a well-known fact that India is one of the largest generic medicines manufacturing countries in the world. More than 40% of the generic medicines in the US and UK are imported from India. It imported more than $400 Billion of medicines in FY 2019-20. Also, all these drugs meet the requirements set by various health authorities across the globe. So buying Generic medicines from India means that they are manufactured using the latest technology and also meet global standards.
- Approved by various health care institutions and governments - Almost all the countries in the world approve the sale and consumption of Generic Medicines. It is expected that in the near future, medicines will be sold by generic names instead of Brand names. The generic medicines made in India, fulfill the requirements of various countries and institutions thus making them of superior quality. Thus it makes them safe to consume.
- Same Dosage - Some people have a misconception that generic drugs require higher doses than the brand names. Some even think that they are less effective than branded drugs. Well, this is false. Generic Drugs do not need extra dosage nor are they less effective. Various studies have proved this. The dosage is the same and they are equally effective. Thus generic medicines require the same dosage as normal dosage.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS
We discussed some benefits/reasons why you should buy Generic medicine from India. Now let us discuss some important points about generic medicines which you should keep in mind.
- Purchase only from reliable outlets - It is advised to buy generic medicines from pharmacies you trust. As there are chances that some adulteration may be there. Although chances of this are low, it is better to take precautions. So, before buying any medicine, make sure to check the expiry date and buy from trustworthy places.
- Unavailable in some places - Some pharmacists may not keep generic drugs as they do not get enough commission on the same. As generic drugs are cheaper as compared to branded drugs, the dealers do not get higher margins. It is because of this reason you might not find them in some places.
- Doctors may not prescribe them - There are high chances that doctors may prescribe only branded medicines and not generic ones. In case your doctor has prescribed branded medicines then the pharmacist may follow the prescription.
You can buy generic medicines from India through the Internet easily. You can find many websites that sell the same. As we discussed above generic medicines are safe. You can contact your doctor if you have any doubts.